OA Meeting Number: 27772
Our Time and Location
- Saturday Mornings at 11:00 am
- The Carnell Building, 13 – 15 Pippy Place, St. John’s.
Please use the side entrance
Our Meeting Opening Statement
We of Overeaters Anonymous have found in this Fellowship a way to recover from the disease of compulsive overeating. After years of guilt over repeated failures to control our eating and our weight, we now have a solution that works. Our solution is a program of recovery – a program of twelve simple steps. By following these steps, thousands of compulsive overeaters have stopped eating compulsively. (From The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous. Page ix)
This is a Step Study Meeting. The Step being studied corresponds to the Month. (ie March we would study the 3rd Step and so on)
- On the First Saturday of the month; We read from the The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous book. The chapter on the step. The meeting will be followed by a brown bag lunch and a social.
- On the middle 2-3 Saturdays of the month. We read from either or from both Voices of Recovery or For Today book. A Reading or two related to the Step of the Month.
- The last Saturday of the month we study The Tradition relating to the month.
There is time during the meeting for sharing our experience strength and hope, and a time after the meeting when questions can be asked and answered given. It is also a time when connections with other members can be made. The first Saturday of each month we stay after the meeting, bring a brown bag lunch and spend some extra time together.
Barb @ 709.437.6330
Frances @ 709.237.0900
Ellen @ 709.437.5577